Ableism Project Report

My research and writing has been going okay. I have little difficultly in the research portion, as I can usually find what I am looking for with this topic. I have no issue with the writing when I get down to it, my main issue has been simply motivation. I have been at a loss in regards to feeling motivated enough to push myself to complete tasks related to this project. The whole quarantine thing has really thrown everything out of whack. Not being in a school environment almost makes it feel like we aren’t in school anymore, even though we very much are, and we still have much to do.

I have not been holding well to my schedule at all. I have a hard time timing when I actually will get something started or finished, so I will simply do my best to eventually get everything I listed on the schedule done at some point or another, as long as everything regarding the project is in by the deadline. I should still be able to have everything I planned to do done, just much less spaced out than originally planned. In fact, I actually might end up with more content in some areas than originally planned simply due to more ideas about what I can talk about on the site. I will still be covering most of the topics I planned to cover at minimum, though.

I haven’t really messed around with any of the other tools besides WordPress yet, but I have heard others have had difficulty with Tableau. I know it is optional now, but I might still attempt to work with it and see what happens. I also need to figure out which timeline tool I will prefer using. Once I decide which tool I’d prefer, which won’t take me long, I’m sure I’ll have no problem figuring it out. I typically have little trouble learning to use new programs and technology, and I always know how to look things up in case I do run across a problem that I can’t figure out myself. I’ll also need to play around a little with the other tools on offer to integrate into my site. I will need to likely tone down a lot of my writing’s readability grade, as I have a tendency to go overboard with the vocabulary at time when it isn’t absolutely necessary.

Overall, I feel that I have had the most difficulty with not only my motivation regarding working on this project, but I have also had my other courses take priority at different times, preventing me from doing work on my project when I have needed to focus on those classes entirely. My other classes almost had me in a rush to get everything finished, with final assignments and exams coinciding on occasion. I currently have finished with every course with the exception of this one, so now I have much more time to work on this course. I should be able to meet my deadline with my site, with no problem.

Written by

7   Posts

Emma is a Freshman Marketing major at RCNJ.
View All Posts