What the 1920s Mean to me…Now

What the 1920s Mean to me Now

When we started our journey into the 1920s I focused on a theme of baseball, gangsters, and a lack of booze. I beleive that the theme I chose does still stand true and can be one way that the 1920s are looked at. Granted it does not cover every aspect I think it is a good overall umbrella to look at. This is becuase of the American people’s craving for entertainment and pursuit to lavish in the freedom that is instilled in our constitution and an idea that was shared to Europe during the “War to end all Wars” that had just ended. My original post showed a balance of new entertainment and new laws. More specifically, how the new laws of prohibition had put a damper on the fun and free lifestyle that Americans were experiencing.

Overal I do no thing that my view has changed, or missed an essential concept of the 1920s. Becuase there are so many different happenings and historical events taking place in the decade no two people are bound to have the same outlook on the decade. The only thing that i would add to my view of the decade is the flapper and party craze, the ’20s werent nicknamed “The Roaring ’20s” for nothing. The inspiration for one of the best known books, The Great Gatsby, is lavish parties which were still had at every turn. To me, the 1920s still mean the rise of baseball and gnagsters, and figuring out what to do about the legal lack of booze. And, if someone were to ask me to describe the 1920s I would say that it was a decade of expression and a thurst to be entertained, all under the dark cloud of prohibition.